How to enter
OK, so you’ve decided to enter one of The Drum Awards – well done, you’ve taken the first step towards rewarding your team with the attention and recognition that their brilliant work deserves. Now all you have to do is submit the actual entry, here's how...
In order to submit entries you need to have an account and be logged in. If you have an account already then you can skip this step and log in via 'My Account'
Create your account
Head to 'My Account' via the main menu > 'Dashboard' and 'Create Account' you will then receive an email from email@example.com, which will ask you to confirm the details to activate the account.
Once you've decided which categories best suit your work, select each of them and you'll see a pop up at the bottom of the screen, then click 'Next' to start your entry form.
Once you've picked your categories and clicked 'Next', you will be taken to your entry dashboard, now is the time to start filling in the online entry form.
Please note that not all fields are required and can be left blank if not applicable, those that are mandatory will be marked with an asterisk*, there is a counter that will track if you have missed any required fields, so be sure to check that if you're unable to save your entry and you're unsure why.
- Entry Information - Some basic information regarding your entry
- Confidential - This section should be for information that you do NOT want to be published online
- For Publication - This section should be for information that you are happy to be published online
- Entry title* - This is the name of your entry and will be shown on the website, in the event of a nomination or win, give each entry a unique title to grab the judges' interest - try to avoid generic names.
- Company/Agency* - The name of the company/agency that the entry is for (this information will be used in the awards show, should you be nominated and on the trophy engraving should you win).
- Company logo* - This will be used during our winner's announcements, so if you are submitting on behalf of a client and would like them to get recognition during the show, please upload their company logo, rather than your own.
- Client - The name of the client you did the work for (this information will be used in the awards show, should you be nominated and on the trophy engraving should you win) if you're entering your own work, and not for a client, you can leave this field blank.
- Twitter handle - This is so we can congratulate you on social media, in the event of a nomination or win.
- Executive summary* - Summarise the key points in your report (250 words). Make it enticing for the judges to read on.
- Entry report* - Your entry report should be 1250 words, please refer to the category description and criteria for what you should include in your report.
- Entry video (confidential) - Add either a Youtube or Vimeo link (please make sure to have your video set to public). This video should be of your entry or to support your written entry.
- Supporting files - If you have additional creative or infographics you can combine them into one pdf for the judges' consideration. This is optional and only if needed to supplement your entry (you will have the chance to add images in the publication section below that the judges will see)
- Executive summary* - Summarise the key points in your report, this will be published on the website in the event of a nomination or win.
- Public entry report - A version of your 'Entry report' that you are happy to be published on thedrum.com, please remove any information that you and/or your client would not like to be made public.
- Entry image* - This will be the image we will use across marketing and event materials in the event of a nomination or win. It can be an image from your campaign (if applicable) or a company logo. Max file size - 40MB
- Additional image - you have the option to add an extra image
- Web address - If you have a webpage or site that shows your work, then you should add the link here. Please don't include a website that is not part of your entry as this will be judged as part of your submission.
- Entry video - Add either a Youtube or Vimeo link (please make sure to have your video set to public). This video should be of your entry or to support your entry.
The form has 3 sections
Here's a breakdown of each field and what it requires -
How to pay
Once you've completed all required fields and are ready to checkout, be sure to accept the terms and conditions before clicking 'Continue'
Provide the personal details of the person who we should contact
regarding any event updates and if we have any
questions about your entry.
Provide all the information
required and click 'Next' to fill
out the billing information.
This is the billing information, you have the option to use your own details or another contact, once complete click 'Next'
At the top of the page you will see an overview of your entry, please check you are happy with it before paying (you will be able to make edits up until the official deadline) and click 'Complete' and you'll see a pop-up window to pay securely.
Once your transaction is complete, you'll receive a confirmation email and all that's left to do is keep your fingers crossed for good news on nominations day. If you have any questions regarding the entry process then please get in touch.
*Entries not paid by the judging date will be pulled from the judging process and will not be judged.